This was so epic, I felt it deserved it’s own post. In case you’re wondering how to deep-fry a turkey, here you go (keep in mind that I may have missed out on some of the prep work so this basically begins once the turkey has been unwrapped):
1. Make sure you have a container large enough to fit the bird.
2. Stand the turkey up so that any leftover juices fall out.
3. Get a pole ready to dunk it in (shown: broom handle) and make sure the rope is strong.
4. Acquire massive quantities of peanut oil.
5. Season the turkey.
6. Wait until the oil gets unbelievably hot before putting the turkey in.
7. Serve and enjoy.
Obviously, it’s a lot more work than that. These are just the highlights. From what I hear, it’s actually very challenging to get this right. But Gavin’s Dad pulled through and made us a magnificent turkey for Thanksgiving.